Thursday, January 7

The State of Your Mind is the State of Your Life//One Longass 2010 Post

i was watching the episode of lost when charlie's about to die and he makes a list of the top 5 (was it 5?) most memorable moments of his life. then i started wondering: if i were to die in a few hours, what moments would make my list?

---

"so i miss you all the time now. i don't think about much that isn't you, but other than that, what we are does not feel like a cliche. it is something very completely new. i like that. i like you. i like the way you curve and bend and dip and arch and rise and fall, like a poem. i like it when you get drunk with your family, then come on msn to tell me that i'm FAB. i like sitting in the passenger seat of your truck - it makes me feel like taylor swift. i like the muscle in your jaw that twitches when you sleep. i like trains, but they take so long to get to you. i like the way you dress. i like the way you undress. i like it when you lift my dress over my head, like in the movies, you know? i like having sex with you. i like the weight of you on top of me and i like the sweat that pools at the bottom of your back. i like writing with my fingertips on your skin all the things i cannot say. i always get lines from poems stuck in my head when you are around. yes - the springtime were in need of you. i like it when you sing. i like your hair - please don't grow it long again. i like who i am when i am with you. i like how you make me better. i am learning, i am. i like how you look at me. and though i wish i did not, i love you."

---