Saturday, June 20

like in the movies.

death is insane. it's sort of just like anything else where you feel like it's going to happen, but it doesn't, and then you feel like it's going to happen, and it does. make sense?

watching someone die is even more insane. thur and i ran into the room and everyone was screaming and crying and things were happening too fast. you don't know what CRAZY truly is until you're in a hospital room watching someone's heart rate fall to 0. at first, it felt like i was pushed into a tornado. my head was spinning and i seriously wanted to plug my ears and run out of the room. but after a few minutes, everything around me slowed down. it felt like i was high almost. my relatives' screaming and crying started to lag and i was just looking around wondering what the fuck was going on. at that moment, it was just me and my first encounter with death.

i know my grandpa is resting peacefully now. he's not in pain anymore. what a soldier... pushing through until everybody he loves got to visit him.

my love for seoul doesn't derive from its nightlife, shopping, and cute cafes. i love seoul because my grandpa taught me how to love this city.

저한테 사랑을 너무 많이 주신 할아버지.. 저는 할아버지 처럼 멋지게 살거예요. R.I.P.